Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the "b" word

Balance.

I'm so bad at it. Always have been and I feel like I always will be. I'm getting better at eating a balanced diet, but that's still pretty sketchy. I know full well the consequences of not eating properly and intend to avoid those. Ever since I remember I've struggled with keeping God the focus of my life - something I think all Christians have a hard time doing. It's quite similar to eating a balanced diet: you know its good for you, you like how you feel when you're doing it, and it even tastes good but somehow life just gets in the way.

I'm only into my second week of classes of this semester and I feel like its been a whole entire month. Let's just say there's been a lot going on around here. C4C is having this big outreach, which I've been planning and trying to execute publicity on. I've been really blown away by what God's doing on the campus here - on so many different levels. But I realized today that I haven't been doing much else. I haven't been doing lots of publicity because there's not much to do, but I've been so immersed in it - in thoughts of God and C4C that I'm definitely not living a balanced lifestyle right now.

I need to find a happy medium between school and C4C/God/ministry. I need to remember to have a life and enjoy it. It's not that I'm not enjoying my life right now. I love ministry. But I'm also a student here and it's kind of my JOB to be a student. And that's ok. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a bad Christian for not giving my heart and soul and ALL MY TIME into ministry. Clearly that's innacurate. "For it is by GRACE that I have been saved THROUGH FAITH- this not from yourselves, it is a gift from God so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

No comments: