Saturday, January 20, 2007

impacting the world one student at a time

So I was brainstorming with one of my disciples yesterday about how she could impact the world. I told her it was possible for her to impact it, and she didn't believe me. So I showed her how Lydia, through one disciple, was impacting the world for God; just think of what kind of impact she is making through all the other women she is influencing. She discipled me last summer in Montreal for half of the summer, and I in turn turned around and finished where she left off discipling 5 other girls, and in coming back to Kingston have been discipling 5 more. It looks a bit like this (this is the shorter version, using only one of the girls from Queen's, the one i was having a meeting with):

Lydia
|
me
/ | \
Danae Hannah Jess Rainbow Caitlyn

Through me, Lydia has impacted most of the major cities in Canada: Saskatoon, Quebec City, Vancouver, Kingston, Toronto/Etobikoke. Rainbow is now in As, Norway. I'm hoping to spend a year in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania and who knows where else these women will go? Jess has huge ties to China, Hannah to Mali and Algeria...

It was kind of crazy and exciting to see written down how one woman has made a summer of service and dedication to God turn into a life changing/world changing friendship.

No comments: