Friday, June 22, 2007

moment of truth

So tomorrow is the day I've been hoping wouldn't happen for the last 5 years: my mom's second wedding. Between thoughts of busting out Matthew 19, and thinking it will probably just pass by like any other normal day I still have hope that God will use this for something good. But I still don't think it should happen.

It's been the weirdest week, though. Hating work, being exhausted, needing a break from life, losing prom dresses (how does this happen?!), having to get a weird lavender ball gown bridesmaid's dress just to be an attendee at a wedding.... I feel a bit like Alice in Wonderland must have felt. All these strange things going on around her and her not understanding how they could be happening.

My little brother's band is playing at a Christian high school in Orleans tonight, and I'm going to see them with Michelle (Nick's gf) and Vanessa (Kevin's daughter). That should be fun, although could be totally weird if nessa asks why I'm not in the wedding. "Sorry, I think it's sin" probably wont go over very well haha. I think the most interesting part about this whole process is how God has been repeatedly reminding me of how disgusting and painful my own personal sin is. Which is not exactly good times, to say the least

1 comment:

Rainbow Choi =) said...

thanks for sharing... love ya and praying for you my dear!

rainrain