Monday, February 18, 2008

26ºC

I'm posting from a hotel in Florida. Today Kathryn, Brittany and I travelled from Jacksonville to Tampa and on the way saw something really surprising. This trip has been pretty awesome for all of us, and it has opened my eyes even more to the world we live in. Yesterday and today the one thing all of us noticed was how 'Third World' some of the places we drove through were. The dilapidated house and broken down churches. Britt kept referring to how it reminded her of Tanzania, and Kathryn said it smacked of Panama - I can't say it looked like Nepal, but it was definitely striking and disturbing.

Tomorrow, the beach!

2 comments:

Angelic Engineer said...

Haha, I like how your pain for the poor is easily put aside at the prospect of the beach. In true western fashion. lol. Just kidding. You know that you are the most socially conscious person I know.

Enjoy the beach!

lowonthego said...

ahhh i'm so jealous.


about the beach part, i mean.

i gave your housemate rochine (is that how you spell it?) a v-day card to pass to you :)

love ya!