Sunday, February 03, 2008

la sieste

I sleep too much. I've always slept too much, or been tired when I only got 8 hours of sleep. This past school year I've been pretty good about going to bed at 10:30 p.m. and waking up at 8:30 a.m. for a wonderful 10 hours of sleep. A bit much, it seems, right? But that's what is natural for me. The troubling thing this semester is that even though I'll sleep 10 hours, I will still be really tired in the afternoon. Last saturday night I slept a beautiful 10 hours, and then had a THREE HOUR nap in the afternoon. Same thing last night, and now i could probably nap for an hour to two hours. I took iron supplements last semester and that wasn't really helping. Today I decided that I will take a multivitamin for a month and if that doesn't help, I will schedule a doctor's appointment to investigate what it is. I'm aware that slight serotonin imbalances can cause this type of behviour. I'll cross that bridge if I get to it. I'm going to go sleep now.

1 comment:

perseverance. said...

somedays when i hear the wind blowing outside my window i just want to snuggle into the warmth of my bed and never get up.


and then i hear my stupid alarm.

and want to die.
wah. (or just lie there and press snooze and miss my 8:30am. but it was oh so worth it)

glo