Friday, January 11, 2008

arms spread wide in an open field

So you know how you find yourself sometimes on facebook and you see a profile picture that is interesting and you click on it. Then you find something else interesting looking so you click on it, and then you see they have a blog link and you click on it. And then you realized, you're a High Class Stalker and you know more about this acquaintance/person you've never met than you ever should? This has just happened to me. Upon briefly looking at their blog I found this poem that I really like. So I will post it here and not say who it is, but I will link their blog so they are given credit they are due. Here it is:
I am all locks and no keys:
an empty picture frame,
gates around an abandoned house,
a tree without leaves.

I am dead flowers,
colours fading,
dry &
paper thin &
as welcoming to careless sparks.

I am embers into ashes,
wasted space on dirt floors,
paint on bricks,
former moths &
loved ones.

I am blank stares,
torn pages,
broken strings,
arms spread wide in an open field.
Just to clarify, I'm not posting this because it explains how I'm feeling. I don't feel like this, but it's still true of me. I had a really great first week back to school, and I did end up dropping those two french classes haha, not even 24 hours after I wrote my last post. But this semester looks like it will be all work and no play!

No comments: