Sunday, December 16, 2007

exciting news

So I made the decision on Wednesday. I sent the email to C4C HR saying I would joyfully accept my position on staff. I know I was thinking otherwise for a little while, but I realized I was being stubborn in not accepting, but also I was feeling really disobedient when I had been seriously considering doing anything else.

I had been having breakfast with a girl at C4C that I had never met up with before. We were supposed to be talking about her being in a DG, but it turned into so much more. At the end of breakfast I walked away thinking about all the incredible experiences God has brought me through and comforted me during when I felt so alone. Now I have the opportunity to do the same to others, to reach out and build into women and get paid for it. I knew as I walked home that this was what I was made to do - to open up, be honest, to challenge and say hard things, and to watch people grow and turn around and do the same with others. So exciting!

And then this morning I was at my home church for the first time in probably more than 6 months. My pastor announced that I would be joining staff and I was so surprised by such a warm welcome from everyone. They were so proud and interested in what I would be doing. It made me feel a lot more comfortable about Ministry Partnership Development (MPD = fundraising), knowing that I was the only full-time missionary the church has pretty much ever raised up, and someone who they've watched grow up for the last 12 years. I'm kind of looking forward to it (although that post is a little outdated in what I was working towards haha).

Thanks to all those people who endured my mind changes every hour it seemed (specific shout outs to Angela & Lydia).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

PTL!

Krystal said...

congratulations on the job! i hope you really do enjoy it!

Angelic Engineer said...

woohoo! I got a shout out!

lowonthego said...

woohoo! I got a shout out too!!