Thursday, December 20, 2007

'You're like a self-cleaning oven...'

So my mom likened me to a self-cleaning oven yesterday. She was telling me how her and my dad drove home from one of my brother's hockey tournaments together, and how they were talking about their respective work and 'kid stuff', about my brothers Jordan and Nick. I was slightly offended and asked, "You didn't talk about me?" And mom replies with a laugh, "Jess, both your father and I are extremely proud of you. You're like a self-cleaning oven, we just had to press start and you raised yourself, or God raised you. I knew that from the start when your first phrase was "I do it self!"

2 comments:

Angelic Engineer said...

Who knew your first phrase (in addition to poor grammar) would be so indicative of your pride and sin, and your fleshly nature at work, denying your dependency on God? :p

lowonthego said...

hahahahahah amazing.


i also like angela's comment.

LOL.

this whole post (including the comment) made me laugh out loud.