Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I neeed to think before I speak

so last week i was madly writing this essay that I had only 24 hours to do. I really wanted to express myself in this certain way - i was trying to say something along the lines of 'distributing information' and i knew there was this one word that explained it. So I typed it out, but because I had been in the habit of looking up words I wasn't positive of the meaning - I looked it up.

I had used the word inseminate instead of disseminate. Wouldn't that have been the most embarrassingly awkward thing if I had handed in an essay talking about the 'insemination of health information in rural Africa'? I didn't actually remember what the real word (disseminate) was until I read it in one of my readings yesterday.

7 comments:

Rainbow Choi =) said...

bahhhhhhahahahhaaaaaaa!!

ohhhhh jess. i <3 you!!

miss ya and hope you're doin ok! talk to you soon when you're done being crazy with school!

xox
rainrain

Alison Ma said...

haha. that's awkward. :P
and yay! you're done your one and only exam.
i am tired of studyingggg.

Anonymous said...

my friend once wrote "thong" instead of "tong" for her chemistry lab and the chem teacher circled it all .ahahhaahhh glo

Angelic Engineer said...

It still kinda makes sense if you just think of it metaphorically. Like maybe it means the information is agressively penetrating Africa, and will result in new life. Haha, did that just gross you out? :p

Jess Versteeg said...

oh my goodness angela. I can't believe you just said that! I'm not sure if I should cheer your sketchiness on or mourn the loss of your purity haha. Seriously, at least I don't have this on my conscience! You weren't that bad before you left!!!

Angelic Engineer said...

May I point out that glo said "thong"! :p

Sid S. said...

hahaha. datz funny!!!

p.s. y did u delete ur previous post? r u censoring urself now?