Monday, April 21, 2008

saying goodbyes

Saturday I said my first goodbye. My housemate Krystal left for the summer and I wont be seeing her unless/until I visit Kingston in the fall. It was the beginning of the myriad of goodbyes I will have to say this week. It was an emotional day. I've slowly begun to say goodbye to the city, noting the things that I really love about Kingston and the student Ghetto: the gross garbage all over the lawn, people playing ball hockey/frisbee/football in the street, loud loud music in the streets, people bringing their couches on to their front lawns & people-watching/watching the playoff hockey game in the evening. It's pretty much awesome. I'm happy that I will no longer have to pay ridiculous prices for absolute sketch living conditions (or will considerably less likely to be exposed to this), but I really do like this area of Kingston -- especially in the summer.

I'm going to start packing today. Getting boxes and will begin to put away my books into boxes and start packing away my clothes. I imagine there will be lots of sentimental posts in the near future.

1 comment:

Ms. Julia said...

I feel like my life is going to become reading blog posts, and being inspired, and wondering if I will become addicted to blogging if I start...love you darlin'...see you around! yay for support raising days! :) muah