Tuesday, July 15, 2008

5 things I will remember about this summer

01. Canada Dry Green Tea Gingerale. It's really nice & light, not too sweet & not bitter. I'm surprised I like it because I'm not a huge green tea fan and I like really sweet things, but I've switched from drinking Pepsi to drinking this. So yummy.

02. Marc Dupré. I found him in second year by searching "é" on the student file-sharing network. It was one of my favourite "stealing" experiences. Since then I deleted his first (very good album) because I didn't purchase it but bought his newest album on iTunes. [Sidenote: I hope when I'm in Montreal I find someone just as goodlooking as him with a tatoo from a past he has forsaken, a good working knowledge of Perl and all those other computer-geek languages as well as a God-given desire to be my husband. We'll have to see.]

03. John & Kate + 8. Also known colloquially as J&K+8. How can you not like 6 little 3 year olds that hug and pull each other's hair? Mostly I love them from afar, I would probably be the worst mother of 8 children in the history of mothers. Except for I think I could do a better job than Hitler's mom. I think I can manage to not raise racist children. Anyways, they're cute & you should check out TLC practically any time to find why these kids are so great. Also, they're a christian family which is obviously neat.

04.  The mountains of BC. I hadn't seen them in 10 years and  I really didn't remember what they looked like. I know what a mountain looks like, but it's different than seeing them in the distance a lot. I like that I'm guaranteed to see them next week and next summer as well. Sweeeet. 

05. the Telephone/MPD. Do you remember reading  Seventeen magazine or CosmoGIRL! or YM or whatever when you were younger? Do you remember the Hot/Not sections that explained what was cool that season & what wasn't? Well, I'll be looking back on this summer and remembering how all of a sudden I was pushed so suddenly back into the world of telephoning people I don't know (instead of fbing/emailing them). It's a strange thing the phone. So foreign to me. Now, if I had an iPhone I may be much more inclined to call people. Maybe that's what I should do - buy an iPhone in celebration of reaching 50% by mid august (please, Lord!). Anyways, I have a new aversion to the phone because it is what I have to use to call strangers. 

No comments: