Wednesday, July 09, 2008

i'm posting this so the internet will keep me accountable... or you will

MPD has been a bit of a struggle for me the last few weeks. It hasn't been that I haven't had contacts to contact. It hasn't been that I have had tons of 'no's and been discouraged. It boils down to the fact that I had went away & didn't set any appointments up for the next week and proceeded to do very little that week. 

So now I've lost momentum (which we were warned not to lose).

BUT, things have been picking up this week! I've had two appointments & some really great referrals. I have 2 more appointments (& possibly 4 if things work out in the next few days). I've re-gained motivation because these appointments have shown me that people are actually interested in what I'm doing & want to support me (imagine that!). I really do want to be done by September/October for different reasons. Now I see that it's quite possible if I get enough appointments done in a week. Before my thinking was more like "i can work really hard and it still might not work out, so why work really hard?" How pessimistic of me! 

So now really the task of mastering my own procrastination. Please wish me luck because it is not an easy thing to master. EVERYTHING IN ME IS TELLING ME TO MASTER IT LATER haha. seriously. But I guess I've decided that I actually wouldn't mind MPD being (most of) my life if it actually gets me on campus by the fall. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

atta girl!

Ms. Julia said...

it's true jess! totally possible to be done then. just make sure you continue to make God number one, or at least hold ME accountable to that...

here's hoping staff conference won't kill all momentum for the both of us!
love you!

Jess Versteeg said...

i'm hoping staff conference will make it better cause I'll want to get on campus that much more.

Emily Morrice said...

i LOVE you Jess.

it makes me sad to hear when you're discouraged, and joyful to hear you're gaining momentum... funny how emotions and moods can be tied into how well/poorly our friends are doing eh?

staff conference is going to be AMAZING because we'll be around people who really 'get' MPD and the trials/joys/etc.
can...not...wait for it!

<3 you