Sunday, August 10, 2008

providence

After what was a not so great week (to say the least) I'm back to 'normal' again. I think. So that's good, although it doesn't necessarily mean that I'll have tons of appointments this week. A lot of people I need to meet with are on vacation still. But I did have a neat story from this past week.

As you may or may not know, the latter part of the phrase "working hard, or hardly working" applied to me this past week. When I went to church today a woman I had never met before (but recognized) came up to me and said she'd like a partnership form. I asked her what she had in mind for giving -- mostly because I didn't know if she was interested in a one-time gift or regular giving. She replied, "Well, I was thinking $50-$100 a month."

I think my eyes popped out of my head like they do in cartoons. She later explained that she had been moving money into another account and didn't really know why until she heard about my ministry. That's cool. And so undeserved!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay!! that is so neat!