Saturday, October 13, 2007

fall & homecoming

Fall is here. I know not because the leaves are turning mesmerizing colours and crunching under my feet. I know not because it became crisp and cool all of a sudden; not because its midterm season or homecoming is here. I know because I can feel it in my spirit - it's hovering over kingston. It feels lonely and sick. I am happy; I love fall, but I always forget that it feels like this. I know I'm not crazy cause I mentioned this to my housemate today and she totally understood. I'm dealing ok with things now. I'm managing. Midterms are coming and will probably kick my ass, but I will pass and it will be ok.

It's homecoming weekend and the football game was a lot of fun as per usual. I went despite feelings of guilt, knowing I should be studying. But there's something about the half-time show, with graduates from '37 driving by in golf carts that really gets me! Tonight is the 'famous' Aberdeen street party and when I walked by it at 7:30 it was already covered in cops. It was ridiculous. I've never seen so many officers ever in my life. If I didn't know better, I would think we were being occupied by another country, or something reminiscent of FLQ-styles sketchiness. It's really sad how our student population treats the community and the police. They're trying to keep things safe and we call them pigs. People are stupid.

Happy fall! Don't get SAD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some were kinda hot! ahahah ;)
(the police)

Jess Versteeg said...

haha glo i know that was you......

.... and i totally agree. seriously, what is it about the uniform that is soo attractive?