Monday, October 01, 2007

the morning after

I just came back from a weekend retreat called Summit. I laid a lot of things down to God this weekend. Actually, that's not true... I laid down the last thing that I had (at this point at least), which was fear or concern of people's thoughts of me in evangelism (see this post). God is the love of my life. He's the only thing that satisfies me, that keeps me going, and is worthy of my time and energy. But I'm still concerned about how people perceive me. Yesterday I did some rash things because I was afraid to, and this morning I woke up with that feeling..the morning after feeling that is probably (I wouldn't know) comparable to waking up beside someone (ugly too) and thinking "WHAT DID I DO?!" Seriously, what did I do? Nothing bad, of course, but I'm just feeling like this was sooo ridiculous. I remember feeling this way after summit last year, asking myself "why would I commit to that?"

No comments: