Tuesday, October 23, 2007

why development-lovers are so often not God lovers

And people wonder why its hard for me to talk about my faith with my classmates:
"I speak about the Christian religion, and no one need be astonished. The Church in the colonies is the white people's Church, the foreigner's Church. She does not call the native to God's ways but to the ways of the white man, of the master, of the oppressor. And as we know, in this manner many are called and few are chosen." -Franz Fanon, Wretched of the Earth p42
He's known as the author of the 'bible of decolonization' which really is all about how violence is the answer. My mom would disagree; she would always tell my brothers that violence isn't the answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i went to this seminar where they talked about how christianity is not a western religion but a world religion. and that helped me think things thru. glo