Tuesday, September 09, 2008

attitude check (PTL!)

These last two weeks have done wonders for my MPD attitude. You may not recognize this from what you've read in the last little while. Sure, I've had my moments where I've txted people and vented about how I hate MPD. Mostly, I just dislike calling people because I have tended to dwell on vain thoughts.

Aside from that, I'm feeling the most hopeful, the most optimistic, the most motivated I've felt in months. I think my support coach notices it the most. It's hard to explain because it isn't even just a mental/intellectual change, it's a holistic change. I know it sounds dumb, but I feel different. 

It's kind of crazy to think how differently I look at things now. Two weeks ago I looked at the 56% left I had to raise and felt like it was impossible. Now, I look at the 56% and realize that it's only slightly more than I've already raised. 

All around I feel way more confident and assured and ready to hit the road and as they say here in the Ottawa Valley, "git 'er dun". 

1 comment:

Sid S. said...

i'm glad that ur feeling better about mpd.

at the end of the day, itz just numbers. if i was at 56%, or at 65%, or 99%, my stress levels don't really change that much. it just needs to be all in.