Tuesday, November 13, 2007

(wo)man over board

I don't recall ever being this cynical and bitter in all my days. I feel like I'm at a point of no return, although I know I can. It's not that my love for God has changed, that's still the same. I still love his Word so much. There are just... other things. I don't feel I should necessarily share here because, well, I'm already in a bad place, I can't imagine me letting my emotions flow onto the page is really going to produce uplifting, inspiring, edifying words. I guess I would say I'm suffering from C4C syndrome haha. That's not a very nice thing to call it, but it's all I got. And at a prayer meeting tonight He gave me this:
"Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalm 46:10
And this one came to me now: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:15. It's nice to know He's still taking care of me when I'm a giant loser. I guess that's Romans 5:8 in play: "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

I love seeing scripture come to life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if u wanna talk im here. ahahha let's coffee date it up..sometime when ur schedule is free-er.. im always free.. hahaha glo

Sid S. said...

hahaha. i've actually blogged about those unedifying feelings on my blog in the past... :P

i may not completely know what ur going thru... but i've had my share of that syndrome. lolz.

Shari said...

Got here via Amanda's blog (also a Queen's student). Your title "this old cocoon" caught my eye. I recently planned a women's retreat with this as part of the focal point and thought our theme song may interest you. It's called "butterfly Girl" by Jaylene Johnson.
Blessings.