Saturday, June 07, 2008

i feel in my heart --- the start of something new

I look forward to the day when I wont die by using my laptop in the bath. Since I don't have a pool, I'm loving the idea of just sitting in a cold bath in my bathing suit doing MPD. I could technically call people from a cold bath, but dropping the phone into the bath is very likely. This heat is really getting to me -- it's been 2 days and already the headaches and stickiness has started. I'm not made for this. I'm made for .... not this. I hope heaven is temperate and God's glory doesn't cause a sticky humidity or dry hot heat. I guess even if it did, I'd like it?

MPD is going well. 9% so far. I'm happy with that. But what I'm not happy with is my own personal performance. My presentations are going well -- finally I'm getting the hang of NOT forgetting a few key parts. One time I remembered to say them, but forgot to tell my stories haha. I'm not happy with my calling abilities. I think I've finally got the hang of calling and realized I'd really rather be rejected on the phone if I was going to be rejected. But I haven't been rejected so far, so that's pretty good. Some have been near-rejects/rejects-by-tone-of-voice-but-saying "I'll talk to my husband" or whatever.

Enough about MPD. I'm kind of sick of it (sort of). I really need a hobby. I made a webpage to help my MPD - which was nice because it was something creative that counted for MPD hours haha. I've been trying to think of things I should do -- they have to have quick results or there's really no point. I want something creative -- artsy, music-like, or literary.... since on my Birkman I'm like 95-99% on all three of those areas. Also, I'm finding myself more in need of social contact that doesn't involve me talking about MPD/what I'm doing/asking for money or referrals. I'm still emailing with people which is nice, but that's not the same as hanging out and randomly busting out in unison to cheesy songs and generally having history with ppl.

1 comment:

Emily Morrice said...

Jess! I totally agree. Appointments are going well, and improving teadily...calling is NOT. The thing is, if I ahve a week booked w/ appointments I don't want to bother calling so book like 2-3 weeks in advance... it seems a little over eager and most people dont plan that far ahead so if I say are you free in July/August, it flusters them...
alas, my calling bites.
you're not alone my friend!

ps - heaven won't be a the sweat-box that is southern ontario, that i can almost guarentee