Tuesday, June 17, 2008

time goes by so slowly

So remember at the beginning of last semester when I was enrolled in those french classes for like... a day before a dropped them out of laziness? Well, I think that lesson in perseverance that I was supposed to learn then is coming back to bite me in the butt. This MPD thing is really getting to me. The calling is the hard part for me. Once the appointment is made, I'm golden. Making the appointment is so hard for me. I find it so easy to justify putting off the calling and then I'm left with 3 appointments in a week instead of 10. 3 appointments a week means that I will be around doing MPD for a very long time, but it doesn't seem to sink into my thick skull that more calls now will generally speaking mean less time away from Montreal. 

This is so reminiscent of french class in 3rd year. I would have this physical pain in my chest because I hated going to class so much and then often I would skip and the relief would be instant. FREEDOM. But I can't do that now. In some ways I am but another part of me tries to talk some sense into me. What happens is usually an evening of calling turns into about 5 dials, 2 actually getting through to people & maybe 1 appt made if I'm lucky. BLAH.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

i know that skipping all those classes in 3rd year was bad . . very wrong and if there are young'uns reading this, don't skip classes! especially language classes ha! but i have to admit, the feeling of freedom from "hiroshima mon amour" and whatever else was really nice. and also, that's when i got to know you better so i don't regret it at all :)