Wednesday, June 25, 2008

on oversharing

So I was reading this article from the Boundless Blog that talks about how many people overshare -- are too open about their life's details -- and the implications of that in a real life example. I know that I often talk openly about my life and forget that others aren't interested in their lives being exposed for all to see. 

Where is the line between honesty, openness about one's own life? At what point do we cross the line between sharing information that will be helpful to others in their own lives to making our own lives like a zoo where people come to watch for entertainment or to make themselves feel better? AND, is there anything wrong with that? Are randoms-who-blog like me promoting this obsession with other people's lives that has made people like Perez Hilton popular? 

I'd like your thoughts :)

No comments: