Thursday, June 05, 2008

Jessica W, BAH

I graduated yesterday. I was pretty surprised with how emotional I was. There was this great moment when everyone stood and clapped for us. I nearly starred sobbing. Finally we were getting the recognition we deserved, I deserved. I kept waving off any words of affirmation previously, but when the whole room stood up to congratulate us on all our hard work and perseverance I got all emotional. Yes, I worked hard and put up with a lot of secular academic bs on order to get my degree. It was nice to see people acknowledging the dedication it takes to not quit. I'm not saying that school was all that her; it wasn't. But school + ministry + having a life = hard work at times. I could have had really good marks had my life been only about school. I chose to have a balance and learning how to balance was a challenge. So now I am a university graduate. It's kind of spiffy sounding. I like it! Jessica W, BAH.

1 comment:

perseverance. said...

when they clapped.. i felt like an animal in a zoo..ahah everyone around u in all 4 corners staring at u and clapppinnggg...

hahaha..its called u felt supported.. i was thinking the whole time..."so this is wut gorrillas in their exhibits feell"