Thursday, October 26, 2006

I may be here now but I've never left Montreal

I've been thinking about Montreal a lot lately. I really miss the city. I miss the metro, I miss my work. I miss project, I miss MTL staff. I'm wondering what Montreal is like in the fall. I'm sure McGill is beautiful as is Queen's. I'm still mourning the end of project. Sometimes life just moves too fast. You prepare for something for so long, and it might seem like forever when you're finally working through that thing you've prepared for so long for... and part of you may want it to be over while you're in it, but looking back.... you kind of wished it had never ended. That's how I feel about project. It went too fast, but at the time it went at a good pace.

It's times like this when it makes me want to join staff. Part of me thinks it'll be like a permanent-Montreal-Reunion, because in a sense it will: I'll be in Montreal with Lydia, the Smits, and doing ministry and yeah... haha somehow that makes me feel like its Montreal project reunion, even if ALL of the projectiles aren't there. It's not like I don't miss them because I totally do. There's just something about that city.

Being there without the whole group was hard and surreal. It just didn't feel the same, so maybe I'm kidding myself into believing that Montreal is where I belong. But part of me really does believe I belong there - as long as I get frequent trips into the country. Sigh.

1 comment:

Jonathan P said...

To your awesomely amazing backyard!

I think lots of us are getting montreal yearnings... it's clearly only natural. As Hannah Jones constantly reminds us, and as we constantly concur, clearly Montreal is the greatest city in the world.

Hang in there for two more years.