Friday, May 16, 2008

moment of truth

Today I got an envelope with my name on it. It told me where I'll be going once my support raising is finished. However, I cannot tell you where I'm going until tomorrow evening. We're supposed to not talk about it for 24 hours in order for us to process the information if it's not where we were expecting. I think this is a good rule, even if some people are skeptical about it.

In the envelope was a letter from the director of Campus for Christ, and another envelope with my placement information in it. I cannot explain to you how fast my heart beat as I read that letter and opened the envelope. 

3 comments:

Alison Ma said...

whooooa!
craziness.
i can't even imagine..
wow.
wherever you're placed, you're going to be such a blessing to the students there!
<3

kathryn said...

craziness!!!!!!!! it's so . . . . spy-like but not haha you know, the envelope within an envelope bit. jess, you are going to be great wherever you are at and i know and have seen how you've grown through this whole process, and i know how strong you are too.
i echo ally's comment that you will be a blessing to the students wherever you're at.

Unknown said...

About a week before I left for Waterloo, Becky and I met for coffee and she told me that you weren't allowed to talk to anyone about it for 24 hrs after. It's funny though b/c the girls she roomed with they could tell where each one was going by their facial reactions.