Monday, May 12, 2008

there is therefore now no condemnation...

I have this tendency to be exposed to a lie and then realize it, and be kind of annoyed that I believed it and then go on a personal crusade in defiance of said lie. 8 weeks ago I password protected this blog and invited some people to have access to it. I was honest and said it was "rooted in my embarrassment of my questionable character and lack of perfection" which I admitted as being lame at the time. I'm kind of shocked at my brutal honesty -- I knew it back then that what I was doing was as a result of some stupid idea that people might read about my life and make some condemning judgment about me. 

So, in the spirit of rebellion against my former acceptance of an insecurity, I am opening up my blog again. As to who won the bet about how long it would take for me to open it back up - Angela said I would hold out until MET and MET is in 2 days, although her reasoning wasn't right. The reason I'm doing it is because I recognize that my logic is faulty (as I did back then, but was still kind of affected by the idea) but also to stand firm against this stupid logic. 

So for everyone out there reading this: yes, i post disgusting pictures of rotting food and say things that might make you squirm -- whether it's because I talk about Jesus a lot or whether it's because I make obscure references to drug usage. But ultimately, I am accepted by God and really... that's the most important thing. :) 

1 comment:

elisabeth said...

such an important reminder! it is so freeing to know that "therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"!!!

have an amazing time at MET! i can't wait to hear about it!

MUCH LOVE!